Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Food = Gasoline

My grandfather also told me that at that time it was useful to get along with the German soldiers, because only from them it was possible to get some gasoline for the lamps and threshing machines and so the family always welcomed the soldiers warmly and provided them with food and some clothes, also my grandfathers father was a delivery boy for them, and bought eggs to the soldiers and they gave some gasoline and some money in return. And my grandfather also has a memory that German soldiers were much more polite than Russian ones. The Russian soldiers were agressive and took(without asking)everything they wanted, and sometimes even with violence and they did not give anything in return, also they were very rude and my grandfather was afraid of them.

No comments: