Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Missing mother...

When my grandfather was quite little the Bombing of Tallinn took place and my grandfather has a memory that he and his father sat up on the barns window looking up in the sky and it was on fire, orange and yellow everywhere and then they knew what was wrong. The worst part is that at the same time my grandfathers mother was at hospital in Tallinn, so they sat there knowing nothing about Aliide(the mother). They couldn´t do anything but sit and hope for Aliide to come home and my grandfather told me that the worst part was that they did not know anything they only saw the sky on fire. But fortunately Aliide escaped from the hospidal and hitchhiked and walked about 10 km and finally, early in the morning arrived home. A strong heart I would say.

No comments: